The picturesque village of Sarn lies alongside the A489 surrounded by open countryside , approximately 6 miles from Newtown, 5 miles from both Montgomery and Churchstoke . It's postcode is SY16 4EJ .
The village has an active Sarn Recreation Association, run by local volunteers , from the village Hall. Details of their events/ meetings can be found on the Association's Facebook page.
Sarn Village Hall
The Hall was constructed in 2001 and has all modern facilities. It can cater for a large variety of events including:
• Flicks in the Sticks – see our Facebook Page for upcoming films
• Small group meetings - WI, Historical Society, Young Farmers, Yoga Classes, Indoor bowling, Coffee Mornings
• Children or Adult Parties -Wedding Receptions, Anniversaries etc
• Corporate training/events
Summary of facilities
We have a fully paved car park suitable for wheel-chair access.
WiFi is available within the hall for the benefit of all users.
Holds 150 people sitting or up to 250 for a dance
20 x large 6ft/ 2ft, 15 x small 3ft/ 2ft, 15 x round (with 15 white tablecloths, which drape to the floor).
150 Plastic. 40 Upholstered
The Main Hall also houses a piano. We also have a temporary Stage available for assembly.
This is separate from the main hall and may be used to hold small events or accommodate small group meetings.
Well equipped kitchen, complete with crockery for 180 people, fridge-freezer, oven, a microwave oven, hot water boilers and two kettles
Ladies, gents and disabled.
- The hall has Music Licence and a Drinks Licence.
- The bar can be run by volunteers from the association or by the clients. There is a charge for clients running the bar, as detailed below.
- There is a Defibrillator available for use, mounted on the wall outside near the hall's main entrance.
- Kerry Community Council's noticeboard is wall mounted at the village hall
Booking Contact - Gwyneth Pryce Tel no: 01686 670507 Email: email@example.com